The seeds of any thing can be found in its opposite. Up lives inside of down. Something lives inside of nothing (in fact, I’m told it’s the best kind of something). Write what you see, or write what you don’t see.
For the poets in the room, you may take on additional challenges if you so wish:
- Earth Cadence – Use the rhyme scheme ABBB for your verse(s).
- Earth Rhythm – Use a syllable pattern of 555 for your verse(s).
- Earth Flow – Use a rhyme scheme of ABBB with a syllable pattern of 6555 for your verse(s).
Please feel free to share your results in the comments or link back from your own site – I look forward to reading your creations!
Keep reading to see three examples from me (avert your eyes if you don’t want to be influenced!).
- all I ever wanted to know was
what did they keep down there?
but my cowardice kept me too impaired
to investigate the case of the depthless stairs
- breathe in, then breathe out –
it is that simple.
lift your foot, then step.
- clouds arrest the moonlight
vision finds no trace
no light can erase
my dark happy place
Categories: The Doing Being